For those who want the benefits of 5-tone selective calling without the need for more than 16-channels or an LCD screen, the compact entry level selcall HX482S provides exactly what they require. From the compact ergonomic design that fits comfortably in your hand, to the exceptionally loud audio that enables you to communicate in the noisiest environments, this radio, positioned as an entry level 5-tone model, easily outclasses its competition.
With 16 channels, this model, like all our HX series portables, is built to meet the MIL-STD 810C/D/E/F rating for tough enduring performance and in addition has a superior IP55 splash proof construction.
Utilising the latest intelligent Lithium-Ion battery technology with battery cycle count* the entry level selcall HX400 will even alert you to imminent battery life expiration. Simple to use, yet highly specified, this model, offering variable point voice scrambler, lone worker, personal attack alarm, channel scanning, shunting mode and whisper mode, together with optional man down and Bluetooth facilities, will exceed the expectations of even the most experienced radio users.
Environmental Protection To IP55
- The practical HX Series 2.0 radios enjoy an IP55 rated construction, which means that they are dust protected and resistant to water ingress (i.e. splash proof). For most day to day applications, this level of protection is perfectly adequate, however, where full protection against immersion in water is required, users should consider our IP68 rated HT Series 2.0 radios.
- Meeting MIL-STD 810C/D/E/F commercial grade construction for tough, enduring performance, the Entel's HX series 2.0 portables conform to stringent standards, enabling them to withstand the everyday rigours of shock, vibration and the corrosive effects of dust and moisture, ensuring many years of trouble free use in the most hostile environments.
1800mAh Li-Ion Battery
- All Entel portables come with the latest intelligent Lithium-Ion battery technology as standard. Whichever model you choose, these batteries will count the number of completed charge cycles, which on LCD variants, if dealer enabled, can be displayed when you power-on your radio.
- For your convenience it will even alert you to imminent battery life expiration. Another advantage of Lithium-Ion battery technology is the way it maximizes duty cycles, while the elimination of memory effect means there is no need to fully discharge the cells before recharging. Therefore you are assured a full duty cycle each and every time you take your radio from its charger.
Flash Upgradeable (future Proof)
- Entel proposes to continuously add/upgrade features to its range of radios. Using Flash Upgrade technology your radios can be upgraded by your Dealer at any time.
Robust Accessory Socket
- A completely redesigned accessory connector, when secured to the portable, is designed to withstand any amount of punishment from dropping to careless misuse. Furthermore, the securing bolt incorporates a shearing point to protect the connector.
- On selcall and advanced variants, the connector provides a programmable interface for audio accessories and data devices, as well as a custom interface for any special applications.
Scan Priority Headset
- HX series portables have the facility to scan for an active channel. When an active channel is found, the radio will automatically select that channel for you. Priority scan will allow you to select one channel in the scan list that is treated as a "Priority". It will be checked more frequently than all other channels in the list.
Clone Data From One Radio To Another
- Allows you to easily configure another radio to match your system.
VOX Hands Free (With Audio Accessory)
- When you attach a VOX enabled audio accessory you can operate totally hands free. All you need to do is talk and your Entel radio will automatically transmit for you.
Programmable Channel Monitor Button
- If you have Analogue or Digital squelch enabled all signals other than your own will be filtered out. This can be temporarily disabled enabling you to monitor any other transmissions on your channel. This button may be programmed on or off by your Dealer.
2 / 5 Selective calling & FFSK
- A whole host of additional mobile phone-like features are possible when you use 2/5 Tone selective calling. Some are listed below.
Open & Closed Channel Options
- Most radio systems are "open" meaning everyone on the system can hear everyone else. In some cases this is a benefit, however call privacy may be required at times. This is where Entel's closed channel mode comes into its own (see below).
Call A Group / An Individual or All Radios At Once
- In closed channel mode your high tier Entel radio can be programmed so that a call that is "private" e.g. 1 to 1 or 1 to a small "group" can be made. If required “open” calls can still be made i.e. call everyone at once.
16 Pre-Programmed Channels
- Our entry level 5-Tone radios can be programmed with up to 16 pre-programmed contacts. Just select the appropriate channel position and press the call button.
- The high tier radios allow you to set different ringtones against different contacts in the same way you can with a mobile phone.
Battery Charge Count
- Whichever model you choose, these batteries will count the number of completed charge cycles, which on LCD variants, if dealer enabled, can be displayed when you power-on your radio. For your convenience it will even alert you to imminent battery life expiration. If you opt for a system of non-display portables then we recommend that you have at least one model with a display in order to take advantage of this unique feature.
- Some radio systems use a "repeater" to increase the system's range. However when you go outside the range of the repeater, communication with another radio is not possible no matter how close you are. Talkaround enables you to talk directly with another radio, bypassing the repeater.
DTMF Dial Mode - Stored
- DTMF dial strings can be stored in your "Contact List" and recalled at any time.Alternatively a "Speed Dial" button may be assigned to provide quick access to any DTMF dial string.
Stun & Alarm a Lost or Stolen Radio
- If a radio is lost or stolen, and assuming it is within range, it can be remotely disabled. Once found you can enable it again.
Programmable Scrambler (Voice Inversion)
- Used to encrypt your voice, protecting against casual eavesdropping.
Local Personal Attack Alarm
- All HT and HX portables include a personal attack alarm option. Once activated the speaker of your radio will emit a high pitched siren as a deterrent and provides a local call for assistance.
Panic Button With Remote Alert
- In addition to the Local alarm feature your high tier Entel radio will enable you to send a message to another/all radios calling for assistance. This ensures your request for assistance is received even if no one is close enough to hear your local alarm.
Emergency Microphone Live
- With remote alert your Entel radio can be programmed to automatically transmit any background sounds. This may give respondents a clue as to the type of emergency i.e. a struggle with an assailant etc.
Lone Worker Alarm
- The panic button feature relies on the casualty being able to operate the radio. Entel's Lone Worker mode goes one stage further. If the casualty is unconscious or unable to operate the radio for any other reason, after a predetermined time the radio will beep, warning its user it is about to send an automatic request for assistance. If the radio's user does not intervene the alarm will be automatically raised.
Man Down Alarm (Optional, please call for further details on this feature)
Entel's Man Down option detects when the radio is no longer in its normal position. Just like Lone Worker an alarm is emitted giving the radio user an opportunity to cancel the alarm. If the radio's user does not intervene the alarm will be automatically raised. Two options of sensor are available:
- Tilt Only
- Tilt & non movement (3-axis)
Shunting Mode ( For Rail Companies)
- Ensure the safety of your rail staff by using Entel's Shunting capability.
Silent Alarm Call
- In some applications, so as not to inflate the situation, a covert alarm is required. Your Entel radio can be programmed to send an alarm silently.
Continue Alarm Even When Switched Off
- Once you have initiated an alarm and the radio is switched off, e.g. by the assailant, the radio will appear to have been switched off (display blanks, no beeps, indicators or received signals are heard). However the radio is still sending its emergency request and mike-live signals etc.
Bluetooth Fully Automatic Indoor Location Information ( Optional, please call for further details on this feature)
- If you prefer, the location of your radio can be automatically updated as you move around your site. Small beacon transmitters are strategically placed so that your radio always “knows” where it is. If you initiate an emergency call your current location is automatically transmitted to the receiving radio(s).
- Frequency Range - 403 - 470MHz
- Channels - 16
- Channel Spacing 12.5 kHz / 25 kHz
- Communication Method Simplex / semi duplex
- Antenna Impedance 50 ohm
- Antenna Whip / stubby
- Battery Type 1800 mAh Li-Ion battery pack
- Power Supply Voltage 7.4V DC
- Microphone Internal condenser microphone
- Operating Temperature -20° to +55°
- Size (mm) 61(W) x 100(H) x 31(D)
- Weight 274g with battery and aerial
- Power Output - HIGH – 5W, LOW - 1W
- Modulation 8K0G3E/16K0G3E
- Oscillator Method PLL
- Frequency Stability < ±0.00025% (±2PPM)
- Maximum Deviation ±2.5 kHz(Narrow)/ ±5 kHz(Wide)
- Audio Distortion < 5% (1 kHz 60%)
- Spurious Emission -68 [dBc]
- Hum & Noise -40 [dB]
- Receiver Type - Double Superheterodyne type
- Sensitivity -0.25uV (12dB SINAD)
- Frequency Stability ±0.00025%(±2PPM)
- Spurious Rejection -60 dB
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity -60 dB (Narrow) , -70 dB (Wide)
- Distortion 5% (1 kHz 60%)
- Hum & Noise -40 dB
- Audio Output 1W
- Speaker Size 45 mm
In The Box
- CNB450E - 7.4v, 1800mAh rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery pack
- CSAHX - Rapid charger
- CBH450 - Spring loaded belt clip
- High efficiency antenna (can be exchanged for stubby antenna at point of order)
- User manual
|Radios for...||Commercial (Site, Security etc)|
|Digital or Analogue||Analogue|
|Single radio or multipack||Single Radio|
|Waterproofing||Splash / Weatherproof|
|Dimensions||(mm) 61(W) x 100(H) x 31(D)|
|Please note||All information is provided for reference only. If you are unsure about any of the features listed, please check the manufacturer's official information.|
No videos found for this product.
£154.70 (Ex VAT) £185.64 (Incl VAT) RRP £239.99
£215.80 (Ex VAT) £258.96 (Incl VAT) RRP £336.65
£201.50 (Ex VAT) £241.80 (Incl VAT) RRP £299.99
£174.00 (Ex VAT) £208.80 (Incl VAT) RRP £271.44
£193.70 (Ex VAT) £232.44 (Incl VAT) RRP £299.99
£243.00 (Ex VAT) £291.60 (Incl VAT) RRP £379.00
£469.99 (Ex VAT) £563.99 (Incl VAT) RRP £650.00
£254.99 (Ex VAT) £305.99 (Incl VAT) RRP £395.00