For many workers, two-way radios are an indispensable tool. For those working in environments containing explosive gases, combustible dust or mining vapours, they are safety critical.
With their market leading, robust design and intrinsic safety, the PD715Ex handheld radio from Hytera guarantee's reliable communication in the most hazardous of environments.
The PD715 Ex handheld radio is compliant with the open ETSI standard for DMR. Compliance with the European ATEX Directives, the FM standard, the IEC standard, as well as its impressive, robust design, guarantee reliable communication, even in hazardous environments where explosive gases and combustible dust are likely to occur.
Besides meeting the requirements of the European ATEX and IEC Directives, as well as the North-American FM standard, these two-way radios are compliant with the MIL-STD-810C/D/E/F/G standard and are dust and water-resistant to protection class IP67. Both radios are therefore rugged and long lasting to keep up with you in tough conditions.
Fail Safe Design
The use of batteries or accessory components with a lower level of protection automatically triggers an alarm so that errors of this type cannot occur. A full intrinsically safe accessory portfolio is available to improve your user experience.
Both the radios and their batteries are encapsulated, so that all internal switches are protected from, and sealed against hazardous explosive gases and dust particles.
Innovative Battery Latch
The patented battery locking system ensures that if the radio falls onto a hard surface, the battery cannot detach.
Integrated GPS as Standard
The integral GPS module means that both radios are able to send location data to a dispatcher system. Dispatchers can evaluate this information and use functions such as geofencing, radio localization and GPS tracking to improve safety and wellbeing.
Upgradeable software future proofs your purchase an enables further updates. Access enhanced encryption and Hytera DMR Trunking (Tier III) via chargeable licenses.
In-built Safety Features
As well as GPS location services, the radio also offers;
- The lone worker feature uses a timer in the radio to measure inactivity. If the timer expires, a warning is issued, and if there is no response to that, the alarm is triggered
- The man down feature will let you know if the radio has been tilted past a certain angle. This may happen for instance if the radio user has fallen over or is unconscious or injured. The alarm will be triggered after a warning is issued to the user
- Raise an alarm with top priority to a base station or to other radios with the pre-programmed emergency mode, identifying the ID of the person issuing the alarm. Also receive emergency notifications
- Various operating modes, choice between conventional analogue or digital radio (DMR), as well as MPT, XPT and DMR trunked radio
- Versatile voice calls: Individual call, group call, broadcast call, emergency call
- GPS functions (retrieving and sending location data)
- Data services (text messages, group text messages, control of the radio via API)
- Various analogue dialing methods (HDC1200, DTMF, 2-tone and 5-tone dialing, squelch procedure/tone call CTCSS/CDCSS)
- Supplementary services, radio check, remote monitor, call alert, radio disable/enable
- One-touch functions (incl. text messages, voice calls and supplementary services)
- Automatic cell re-selection (roaming) in IP multi-site systems
- Secure encryption with encryption algorithm ARC4 (40 bit) in accordance with DMRA or with optional algorithms AES128 and AES256 (128 and 256 bit)
- Channel Capacity - 1024
- Number of Zones - 16 (PD715 Ex) (Up to 16 channels in each zone)
- Channel Spacing - 12.5 / 20 / 25 kHz (analogue) 12.5 kHz (digital)
- Operating Voltage - 7.4V (nominal)
- Battery - 1800 mAh (lithium-ion battery)
- Battery Life - approx. 14h (analogue) approx. 17h (digital)
- Frequency Stability - ± 1.5 ppm
- Antenna Impedance - 50 Ω
- Dimensions H x B x T - 141 x 55 x 37 mm (without antenna)
- Weight - 485 g (with battery and antenna)
- Programmable Keys - 3
- UHF Frequency Range - 400 – 470 MHz
In the Box
- 1 x Hytera PD715Ex Hand Held Radio
- 1 x Li-ion Battery (1800mAh)
- 1 x MCU Single Unit Charger
- 1 x Switching Power Adapter
- 1 x Standard UHF or VHF Antenna
- 1 x Leather Strap
- 1 x Belt Clip
- 1 x User Manual
|Radios for...||Commercial (Site, Security etc)|
|Digital or Analogue||Analogue, Digital|
|Single radio or multipack||Single Radio|
|Waterproofing||Splash / Weatherproof|
|Dimensions||141 x 55 x 37 mm (Not Including Antenna)|
|Battery Capacity||1800 mAh|
|Talk Time||14 hours analogue, 17 hours digital|
|Please note||All information is provided for reference only. If you are unsure about any of the features listed, please check the manufacturer's official information.|
No videos found for this product.
£620.83 (Excl. VAT) £745.00 (Incl. VAT)
- £71.66 (Excl. VAT) £85.99 (Incl. VAT)
£240.00 (Excl. VAT) £288.00 (Incl. VAT) RRP £374.40
£240.00 (Excl. VAT) £288.00 (Incl. VAT) RRP £374.40
- £79.16 (Excl. VAT) £94.99 (Incl. VAT)
- £99.99 (Excl. VAT) £119.99 (Incl. VAT)
- £309.00 (Excl. VAT) £370.80 (Incl. VAT)
£181.40 (Excl. VAT) £217.68 (Incl. VAT) RRP £282.98