The first time you handle our HX483 2.0 you will be impressed by its superior build quality. From the compact ergonomic design that fits comfortably in your hand, to the exceptionally loud audio that enables you to communicate in the noisiest environments, this portable easily outclasses its competition.
For those requiring an entry level portable with high visibility backlit-display and a no compromise build specification, the 255 channel HX483 is the most cost effective solution.
Utilising the latest intelligent Lithium-Ion battery technology with battery cycle count the HX483 will even alert you to imminent battery life expiration. Channel scanning and local personal attack alarm are included, with Bluetooth communications and variable point voice scrambler available as options. This low cost portable will exceed the expectations of even the most experienced radio users.
Environmental Protection to IP55
- The practical HX Series 2.0 radios enjoy an IP55 rated construction, which means that they are dust protected and resistant to water ingress (i.e. splash proof). For most day to day applications, this level of protection is perfectly adequate, however, where full protection against immersion in water is required, users should consider our IP68 rated HT Series 2.0 radios.
- Meeting MIL-STD 810C/D/E/F commercial grade construction for tough, enduring performance, the Entel's HT and HX series 2.0 portables conform to stringent standards, enabling them to withstand the everyday rigours of shock, vibration and the corrosive effects of dust and moisture, ensuring many years of trouble free use in the most hostile environments.
1800mAh Li-Ion Battery
- All Entel portables come with the latest intelligent Lithium-Ion battery technology as standard. Whichever model you choose, these batteries will count the number of completed charge cycles, which on LCD variants, if dealer enabled, can be displayed when you power-on your radio.
- For your convenience it will even alert you to imminent battery life expiration. Another advantage of Lithium-Ion battery technology is the way it maximizes duty cycles, while the elimination of memory effect means there is no need to fully discharge the cells before recharging. Therefore you are assured a full duty cycle each and every time you take your radio from its charger.
Flash Upgradeable to Add Future Features
- Entel proposes to continuously add/upgrade features to its range of radios. Using Flash Upgrade technology your radios can be upgraded by your Dealer at any time.
Robust Accessory Socket
- A completely redesigned accessory connector, when secured to the portable, is designed to withstand any amount of punishment from dropping to careless misuse. Furthermore, the securing bolt incorporates a shearing point to protect the connector.
- LCD display variants offer more information and versatility. For example, the entry level with LCD will display channel names, battery charge count, receive signal strength indicator etc.
- The LCD versions allow your Dealer to "name" channels. Rather than just indicating a channel number your Entel radio can display "Security Channel" etc.
Multi-Function Encoder Control
- The encoder control fitted on top of our high tier range of radios provides: Volume control, channel change, navigate contact, status & message lists etc. In addition you can use the encoder to quickly navigate your user friendly menus.
Clone Data From One Radio To Another
- Allows you to easily configure another radio to match your system.
VOX Hands Free (With Audio Accessory)
- When you attach a VOX enabled audio accessory you can operate totally hands free. All you need to do is talk and your Entel radio will automatically transmit for you.
Programmable Channel Monitor Button
- If you have Analogue or Digital squelch enabled all signals other than your own will be filtered out. This can be temporarily disabled enabling you to monitor any other transmissions on your channel. This button may be programmed on or off by your Dealer.
Battery Charge Count
- Whichever model you choose, these batteries will count the number of completed charge cycles, which on LCD variants, if dealer enabled, can be displayed when you power-on your radio. For your convenience it will even alert you to imminent battery life expiration. If you opt for a system of non-display portables then we recommend that you have at least one model with a display in order to take advantage of this unique feature.
Receive Signal Strength Indicator
- Your Entel radio with LCD will display the strength of the signal it is receiving.
- Some radio systems use a "repeater" to increase the system's range. However when you go outside the range of the repeater, communication with another radio is not possible no matter how close you are. Talkaround enables you to talk directly with another radio, bypassing the repeater.
Programmable Scrambler (Voice Inversion) (Option)
- Used to encrypt your voice, protecting against casual eavesdropping.
Local Personal Attack Alarm
- All HT and HX portables include a personal attack alarm option. Once activated the speaker of your radio will emit a high pitched siren as a deterrent and provides a local call for assistance.
- Frequency - 400 - 470MHz
- Channels - 255
- Channel Spacing 12.5 kHz / 25 kHz
- Communication Method Simplex / semi duplex
- Antenna Impedance 50 ohm
- Antenna Whip / stubby
- Battery Type 1800 mAh Li-Ion battery pack
- Power Supply Voltage 7.4V DC
- Microphone - Internal condenser microphone
- Operating Temperature -20° to +55°
- Size (mm) 61(W) x 100(H) x 31(D)
- Weight - 274g with battery and aerial
- Power Output HIGH – 5W, LOW - 1W
- Modulation 8K0G3E/16K0G3E
- Oscillator Method PLL
- Frequency Stability < ±0.00025% (±2PPM)
- Maximum Deviation ±2.5 kHz(Narrow)/ ±5 kHz(Wide)
- Audio Distortion < 5% (1 kHz 60%)
- Spurious Emission -68 [dBc]
- Hum & Noise -40 [dB]
- Receiver Type - Double Superheterodyne type
- Sensitivity -0.25uV (12dB SINAD)
- Frequency Stability ±0.00025%(±2PPM)
- Spurious Rejection -60 dB
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity -60 dB (Narrow) , -70 dB (Wide)
- Distortion 5% (1 kHz 60%)
- Hum & Noise -40 dB
- Audio Output 1W
- Speaker Size 45 mm
In The Box
- CNB450E - 7.4v, 1800mAh rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery pack
- CSAHX - Rapid charger
- CBH450 - Spring loaded belt clip
- High efficiency antenna (can be exchanged for stubby antenna at point of order)
- User manual
|Radios for...||Commercial (Site, Security etc)|
|Digital or Analogue||Analogue|
|Single radio or multipack||Single Radio|
|Waterproofing||Splash / Weatherproof|
|Dimensions||(mm) 61(W) x 100(H) x 31(D)|
|Please note||All information is provided for reference only. If you are unsure about any of the features listed, please check the manufacturer's official information.|
No videos found for this product.
£154.70 (Excl. VAT) £185.64 (Incl. VAT) RRP £239.99
£201.50 (Excl. VAT) £241.80 (Incl. VAT) RRP £299.99
£162.50 (Excl. VAT) £195.00 (Incl. VAT) RRP £249.99
£215.80 (Excl. VAT) £258.96 (Incl. VAT) RRP £336.65
£193.70 (Excl. VAT) £232.44 (Incl. VAT) RRP £299.99
£469.99 (Excl. VAT) £563.99 (Incl. VAT) RRP £650.00
- £133.33 (Excl. VAT) £160.00 (Incl. VAT) RRP £169.99
- £85.10 (Excl. VAT) £102.12 (Incl. VAT) RRP £132.76