Thanks to High Definition Sound Performance (HDSP), the Gigaset S685 IP lets you experience VoIP calls in unrivaled wideband audio quality. The extended frequency range means you can enjoy a conversation in twice the clarity of a normal phone call and get closer to the person you're talking to. . HDSP is just one part of the whole package of Next Generation features on this phone, including free info services such as RSS feeds and weather forecasts as well as access to an online phonebook directly from your handset. This elegant dual-mode phone lets you easily switch between internet and fixed-line calls at the touch of a button - and offers you the added convenience of an integrated answering machine. Sporting a big, brilliant color display and intuitive icon-based menu, the Gigaset S675 IP is also both extremely easy on the eyes and a joy to use. It offers you the convenience of e-mail notification, which means you can find out the time, date and subject of new messages without having to open your e-mail account. It even features energy-saving ECO DECT technology that makes calling better for the environment - and more cost-effective for you.
The Gigaset S685 IP with High Definition Sound Performance also offers you an array of easy-to-use advanced features that are the perfect complement to its superior wideband audio.
Next Generation online phonebook and info services
Explore the world around you from the comfort of your own phone. The Gigaset S685 IP lets you enjoy free access to an online phonebook directly from your handset. That means you can quickly find any number you need (Chinese take-away, auto repair shop ...) and dial straight away. Plus, the free info services available through Gigaset.net Info Center put weather forecasts and RSS feeds from your favorite websites right onto your handset via the screensaver. That's what we mean by Next Generation communication convenience.
High Definition Sound Performance (HDSP)
HDSP delivers twice the sound quality of a normal phone call, taking you closer to your loved ones when you phone over the internet. Superior wideband audio quality lets you hear every inflection in the other person's voice when they speak - adding a new dimension to conversations. Experience the full effects of HDSP for yourself by visiting gigaset-sound.com
The Gigaset S685 IP lets you easily switch between internet and fixed-line phoning at the touch of a button - so you can effortlessly choose the type of phoning that suits you best. With extra handsets you can even experience the convenience of parallel calling - letting you enjoy up to 2 internet calls and 1 fixed-line call at the same time.
Integrated answering machine
You'll never miss another important call thanks to this phone's integrated answering machine featuring up to 30 minutes of recording time. New messages are displayed on the phone's handset, so you'll know someone tried to reach you even if you're away from the base station. You can also easily keep track of who called and when because the Gigaset S685 IP announces the date and time of new messages by voice.
Thanks to its big, brilliant color display and intuitive icon-based menu, the Gigaset S685 IP is a pleasure to use. An easy navigation key lets you effortlessly access all of the phone's key features and makes operation a truly intuitive experience. It even comes with programmable soft keys for putting the features you use most often right at your fingertips.
Advanced messaging features
The Gigaset S685 IP makes it easy to stay connected with friends and family trying to reach you. Thanks to its handy e-mail notification feature you'll receive a message on the color display letting you know the time, date and subject of any new e-mails you receive - without having to access your e-mail account. If you're away from home when you receive a voice message on the integrated answering machine , this phone will even alert you via SMS¹.
Save energy with ECO DECT
Thanks to an energy-saving power supply, ECO DECT phones use up to 60% less energy than our conventional cordless phones. Like all Gigaset cordless phones, ECO DECT models also variably reduce transmitting power from the handset to base station according to their distance apart - but go further in a number of other ways. Choosing ECO Mode on selected models reduces the base station's transmission power by 80%². When docked³, some ECO DECT phones also reduce the transmitting power of both handset and base station to almost zero.
The Gigaset S685 IP with High Definition Sound Performance offers you all the advantages of dual-mode telephony - plus the added benefit of an integrated answering machine. Phoning via the internet or fixed-line has never been more intuitive or elegant.
- Answering machine with 30 minutes memory
- Headset port (2.5mm jack)
- High Definition Sound Performance
- SMS & Email functionality
- Live call recording
- Select screensaver/idle picture (from 8 preloaded, 1 is a big digital clock)
- Gigaset.net¹: Worldwide free of charge calls between Gigaset.net supporting VoIP phones.
- Display Illuminated 8 line graphical display, 128x160 pixel, brilliant Colour
- Dual Mode Easy switch from internet (VoIP) to fixed-line by simply pressing a key
- Expandable phone system with multiline functionality for up to 6 handsets and 6 SIP accounts from different providers
- Redialing of 20 last different dialing numbers; automatic redial functionality in handset; automatic prefix dialing of network provider
- Phone directory 250 vCard entries; VIP-entries (a specific melody and predefined picture can be assigned to each directory entry)
- Phonebook transfer Exchange of contacts (e.g. OUTLOOKTM) with PC (upload/download) via tsv-file; Online Phone Book search (country specific)
- VoIP Lines Multiline with up to 6 SIP accounts: Configure up to 6 SIP accounts from different providers, assign accounts individually to handsets (send & receive direction specifically)
- E-mail Direct access to POP3 accounts without PC; new Emails signaled by illuminated MWI-key with comfortable access to message list,
- 2 VoIP and 1 PSTN Call simultaneously (+ 1 internal call or AM access); VoIP resp. PSTN 3 party conference (1 external/ 2 internal participants);
- Predefined announcements (plug & play) 1 Individual announcement and 1 advisory announcement (ca. 3 minutes) recordable by user
- Time-controlled change between announcement and advisory message
- 60% less power consumption with energy-saving power supply
- Transmitting power reduced to almost zero when handset is docked
- ECO Mode: reduces transmitting power by 80%
- Battery system 2 x NiMH AAA
- Range indoor Up to 50 meters
- Range outdoor Up to 300 meters
- Dimensions Handset (L x W x D) in mm 143x50x30mm
- Dimensions Basestation (L x W x D) in mm 66x121x29mm
- Dimensions Charger (L x W x D) in mm 67x77x29mm
- Available colours Bicolour: black and silver
- 2 years manufactures warranty
|Goods condition||Brand New|
|DECT Type||Standard DECT|
|Number of Handsets||One|
|Line Type||Analogue (BT, TalkTalk, Sky, etc), VoIP|
|Answering Machine Recording Time||No|
|Nuisance Call Blocker||No|
|Max Handsets Allowed||6|
|Wall Mountable Base Unit||No|
|Base unit is independent of main handset||No|
|Pre Recorded | personalised out going message||Yes | Yes|
|Message playback from base | handset||Yes | Yes|
|Call recording - two way||-|
|Notification on messages received (SMS / email)||SMS / email|
|Message saved if power fails||Yes|
|Splash / Shock Resistant||No|
|SMS Text Messaging||No|
|Headset compatability||Via DECT / GAP|
|Headset Volume Control||No|
|Hearing Aid Compatible||No|
|Eco Friendly Mode||No|
|Low Radiation Mode||No|
|Extra Loud Amplification||No|
|DSP (Digital Signal Processor)||No|
|High Definition Audio||No|
|Date & Time Display||No|
|Do not Disturb / Night Mode||No|
|Speaker Volume Control||Yes|
|Call Duration Displayed||No|
|Low battery indicator / alert||-|
|Intercom - Handset to Handset (Internal Calling)||Yes|
|List of Dialled Numbers. Time/Date stamped||No|
|List of missed calls. Time/date stamped||-|
|Last Number Redial||Yes|
|On Hold Music||No|
|Range Indoor (approx)||60 - 80 metres|
|Range Outdoors (approx)||250 metres|
|Transmission Technology||DECT / GAP|
|Frequency||1.88 to 1.90 GHz|
|VAT Class||Products with standard VAT rate|
|Please note||All information is provided for reference only. If you are unsure about any of the features listed, please check the manufacturer's official information.|
- A Review By James Worsley review by James Worsley on 13/07/2009
Superb product, exactly what i was looking for. Great price and very reliable, on-time delivery service. Fantastic job PMC!!
Write Your Own Review
No videos found for this product.
- £152.72 (Ex VAT) £183.26 (Incl VAT) RRP £238.25
- £380.00 (Ex VAT) £456.00 (Incl VAT) RRP £592.80
- £150.00 (Ex VAT) £180.00 (Incl VAT) RRP £234.00
- £305.00 (Ex VAT) £366.00 (Incl VAT) RRP £475.80
- £115.25 (Ex VAT) £138.30 (Incl VAT) RRP £179.80
- £150.00 (Ex VAT) £180.00 (Incl VAT) RRP £273.60
- £53.94 (Ex VAT) £64.73 (Incl VAT)
Doro AUB 200 Office Telephone - Black + Plantronics HW261N Supraplus Binaural Noise Cancelling Headset - A Grade£68.71 (Ex VAT) £82.45 (Incl VAT)