The 9608 IP deskphone is an 8-line telephone ideally suited for Everyday users who consider the phone to be one of many useful communication tools and who rely on common functions like directory and speed dial to enhance productivity and communications. The competitively priced, high-performing 9608 features a monochrome display, 4 softkeys, common user interface with Avaya one-X® solutions, high definition audio quality, integrated Ethernet interface, support for Bluetooth and DECT headsets and up to three 12 or 24 Button Expansion Modules. Part of the 9600 Series IP Deskphones, the 9608 leverages your enterprise IP Network to deliver sophisticated voice communications from headquarters, remote locations or home offices. Integrated with Avaya Aura, the 9608’s evolutionary approach optimizes communications through a flexible architecture that leverages existing investments and accommodates changing business needs.
- Delivers high definition audio that can increase productivity by reducing fatigue and provides easier-to-understand multi party calls through the wideband audio codec in the handset and headset.
- Simplifies call control on the display using softkeys for everyday functions such as transfer, conference and forwarding and to access everyday processes including third-party applications such as company-wide corporate directories.
- Provides visual queues that can speed task management through 8 Red/Green LEDs.
- Improves flexibility through support of a secondary Ethernet port for a PC as well as Bluetooth and DECT Headsets (withadapter).
- Enables more efficient, high-speed call management through support of up to three 12 or 24 Button Expansion Modules.
- Offers consistency through a common Avaya one-X® interface (including mobileendpoints).
- Accommodates changing business needs with Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) based infrastructure.
- Supports reduced energy consumption and costs through Power-over-Ethernet Class 1 design with “sleep mode.
- Monochrome display – 3.2 inches x 2.2inches (8.2 cm x 5.5 cm)
- 8 buttons with dual LEDs (red, green)
- 4 softkeys
- Hard buttons for phone, messages,contacts, history, home, navigationcluster, headset, speaker, volume, mute
- Red LEDs for speaker, mute, headset,message, history
- 24 administrative buttons
- Wideband audio in handset and headset
- Full duplex speakerphone
- Ergonomic hearing aid compatiblehandset supports TTD acoustic coupler
- Bluetooth and DECT headset support(with adapter)
- 2 message waiting indicators
- IC call alerting with 360 visibility
- Rich, classic and alternate ringtones
- Wall-mount and dual-position stand
- Ethernet (10/100) line interface
- Second Ethernet interface 10/100 Mbps
- PoE Class (IEEE 802.3af) registers asclass 1 device
- SIP protocol support
- H.323 protocol support
- Standards-based codec support: G.711,G.726, G.729A/B, G.722 (G.726 is notavailable in SIP
- Supports the following languages: Arabic,Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese,Dutch, English, Canadian French,Parisian French, German, Hebrew, Italian,Japanese (Kanji, Hiragana and Katakana),Korean, Latin American Spanish,Castilian Spanish, and Russian
Requirements and Platform Support
- Avaya Aura™ Communication Manager3.1.4+ and greater (H.323)
- Avaya Aura™ Communication Manager6.0 with Avaya Aura™ Session Manager6.0 or Avaya Midsize Business Template5.2.1 (SIP)
- Local or centralized electrical powerthrough a 802.3af switch, or local powersupply.
- HTTP file server