Empower your team with a faster way to communicate. The XT420 on-site two-way business radio helps you communicate instantly, without missing a beat. With crisp, clear audio throughout the workplace and exceptional durability, the XT420 delivers great performance even with hard use in high noise, harsh conditions.
The XT420 radio operates without subscription or call charges on PMR446 unlicensed frequencies, offering 8 channels and 219 user selectable privacy codes to help ensure a clear signal.
Enhanced audio quality, a rugged design, and versatile HTML-based customer programming software, make this radio an exceptional choice for all your on-site business needs. Advanced features such as channel announcement keep your hands free, so you can focus on the task at hand.
Whether you’re coordinating resources at the construction site or on the manufacturing line, the XT420 two-way radio is tested to last. Unleash the power of your XT400 Series radio with accessories that are comfortable, durable and discreet to fit the way you work.
Connect Easily Throughout The Workplace
XT400 Series radios make it easy to get the work done. Compact yet performance-packed, the XT400 Series provides coverage up to 16 250 m2, 13 floors or 9km line of sight with voice prompts that enable you to programme non-display radios on the go. A carry holster with swivel belt clip lets you rotate the radio to fit comfortably and move freely while picking up a tool or restocking a shelf and the antimicrobial coating helps prevent the growth of mould and germs on the surface of the radio – as you change shifts, pass on the radio confidently.
Keep On Talking In Tough Conditions
Military Standard 810 C, D, E, F and G plus IP55 may be the standards for other radio manufacturers, but they are the starting point for our XT400 Series. These radios undergo Motorola’s unique Accelerated Life Testing (ALT). This rigorous laboratory testing simulates up to 5 years of field use. We design and build the XT400 Series right the first time to minimize costly repairs and downtime.
- Operates on licence and subscription-free PMR446 frequencies
- 8 Channels
- 9km Range
- On/off/volume control knob
- 16-position channel/code selector knob
- Battery Save
- USB CPS Interface
- Radio Mic Gain
- Accessory Mic Gain
- Scan and Scan List
- Voice scrambling for extra privacy
- Time-Out Timer
- Compatible with XTNi
Features & Benefits
- Licence-free PMR446 frequencies: Operates without subscription or call charges on PMR446 unlicensed frequencies, offering 8 channels and user selectable PL codes to help ensure a clear signal.
- Enhanced audio quality: Powerful 1500 mW speaker ensures clear communication without distracting feedback in noisy conditions.
- Rugged design: Meets military specifications for sealing against dust, wind, shock, vibration and other adverse conditions. These radios also undergo Motorola’s exclusive Accelerated Life Testing (ALT) that simulates up to 5 years of field use.
- Programmable buttons: Two programmable buttons allow quick and easy access to commonly used functions.
- Channel Announcement with Voice Alias: Leave your radio on your belt and know exactly what channel you are communicating on. Customise your list of channels by selecting from 16 pre-recorded work functions, such as security, customer service, cashier, etc.*
- Advanced Voice Activation (VOX): Enables hands-free operation with or without the use of optional accessories.
- Antimicrobial Coating: Helps prevent the growth of mould and germs on the surface of the radio.
- Customer Programming Software (CPS): HTML-based CPS is easy to use and works with any computer browser. Profiles are interchangeable with the XTNi Series making it easy to add XT400 Series radios to your existing radio fleet (CPS is available as free download. Separate programming cable required.)
- Accessories: XT400 Series radios ship as standard with a carry holster with a swivel belt clip that lets you rotate the radio to fit comfortably. Re-use XTNi audio accessories for flexible and dependable performance.
- Simplified Cloning: Quickly copy settings from radio to radio (between XT400 Series radios or between XT400 and XTNi radios). Cloning is done with radio-to-radio cloning cable or through the Multi-Unit Charger.
- Tri-coloured LED interface: Allows users to identify radio features and status.
- Disable Channel: Allows users to disable and skip undesirable channels via the customer programming software (CPS)
* Advanced features via customer programming software (CPS).
- Frequency Range: PMR446 (446.00 – 446.1 MHz)
- Audio Output: 1500 mW
- Channel Capacity: 16 Channels
- Channel Bandwidth: 12.5kHz
- Private Codes: 219 codes (CTCSS 38, DCS 181)
- Dimensions with standard Li-Ion Battery: 116 x 58 x 40 mm
- Weight with standard Li-Ion Battery 244g
- Average Battery Life with Standard 2150 mAH Li-Ion Battery: Up to 20 hours with battery save on
- Battery Voltage: 3.7V Li-Ion
- - Sensitivity (12 dB SINAD): -122 dBm (0.18 µV)
- - Adjacent Channel Selectivity: 70 dB @ 12.5 kHz
- - Intermodulation Rejection: 70 dB
- - Spurious Response Rejection (blocking 1 MHz): 90 dB
- - Audio Distortion: < 5%
- - CSQ Hum and Noise @ 12.5 kHz: -50 dB
- - PL Hum and Noise @ 12.5 kHz: -50 dB
- - DPL Hum and Noise @ 12.5 kHz: -45 dB
- - Spurious Emissions (< 1 GHz): < -54 dBm
- - Spurious Emissions (> 1 GHz): < -52 dBm
- - Audio Output @ < 5% Distortion: 1.5W @ 8 ohms
- - RF Output: 0.5 Watt
- - Frequency Stability: < 1.5 ppm
- - Spurs and Harmonics: -36 dbm for f < 1GHz, -30 dbm for f> 1GHz
- - FM Hum and Noise: < -45 dB
- - Modulation Limiting: ±2.5 kHz @ 12.5 kHz
- - Adjacent Channel Power: 70 dBc
- - Spurious Emissions @ 12.5 kHz: -36 dbm for f < 1GHz, -30 dbm for f> 1GHz
- - Audio Frequency Response (0.3 - 3.0 kHz): +1 to -3 dB
- - Audio Distortion: < 2%
- Operating Temperature: -30 degrees C to +60 degrees C
- Sealing: IP55
- Shock and Vibration: Polycarbonate Housing passes EIA 603
- Dust and Humidity: Satisfied EIA 603
*Coverage will vary based on terrain and conditions
*Actual battery runtime observed may vary based on usage
|Radios for...||Commercial (Site, Security etc)|
|Transmission Type||PMR446 (Licence Free)|
|Digital or Analogue||Analogue|
|Single radio or multipack||Single Radio|
|Waterproofing||Splash / Weatherproof|
|Dimensions||116 x 58 x 40 mm|
|Please note||All information is provided for reference only. If you are unsure about any of the features listed, please check the manufacturer's official information.|
No videos found for this product.
- £159.99 (Excl. VAT) £191.99 (Incl. VAT) RRP £249.59
- £139.99 (Excl. VAT) £167.99 (Incl. VAT) RRP £218.39
- £130.00 (Excl. VAT) £156.00 (Incl. VAT) RRP £202.80
- £85.00 (Excl. VAT) £102.00 (Incl. VAT) RRP £97.49
- £167.99 (Excl. VAT) £201.59 (Incl. VAT)
- £54.00 (Excl. VAT) £64.80 (Incl. VAT)
- £101.63 (Excl. VAT) £121.96 (Incl. VAT) RRP £142.94
- £370.00 (Excl. VAT) £444.00 (Incl. VAT)