Adobe connect, GoToMeeting, Google Hangouts, Skype and similar VoIP services offer up plenty of features and convenience for remote meetings. If you have a computer or tablet, you have the ability to teleconference. But one aspect of the experience often comes up short: sound quality from your device's built-in speaker and microphone.
Common problems include;
- The speaker's not loud enough. Laptop and tablet speakers are design for personal use, and so they're often not loud enough for a room full of people, even at maximum volume.
- The mic's only designed for one person. Built-in microphones can only capture the closest person's voice clearly. As a consequence, everyone in the meeting feels they need to yell and/or crowd around the microphone, rather than sitting comfortably.
- Echo noise. Very frequently, the person on the other end of the teleconference hears their own voice because their voice is played and then recorded into the mic again. This can really put a strain on during meetings, leading to people needing to repeat what they just said.
These issues interrupt, slow, and add frustration to remote meetings. But all of these issues can be overcome with the IPEVO VX-1 Internet Conference Station, the perfect complement to your VoIP usage. With VX-1's superior voice capture and transmission, everyone can hear, and everyone can be heard
- The Ipevo VX-1 utilizes outstanding noise reduction and echo cancellation technology, thanks to a special 16-bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP) with built-in hardware acceleration. This DSP features 16 kHz sampling rate signal processing for exceptional echo cancellation and adaptive noise suppression. The result is crystal-clear voice transmission on both ends of the conversation.
- A standard side effect of DSP is that it distorts voices, making conversations too high or too flat, the VX-1 features another specialized sound processor that enhances, clarifies, and smoothes voices. This includes reproduction of both low frequencies and high frequencies across a wide dynamic range. So whether low pitch, high pitch, male or female, all voices are optimized.
- The VX-1 is a full duplex system meaning both parties can communicate at the same time, making it sound as if you are in the same room. In contrast to half duplex, only one party can speak at a time.
The VX-1 features a total of 5 built-in microphones to address any configuration of people around the device. The default microphone is the Omni Mic which receives sound evenly in a 360-degree range, making it ideal for capturing the voices of all participants positioned anywhere around VX-1.
- The Omni Mic has an optional pick up range of 6.5 feet, the maximum pick up range is 13 feet
The VX-1 also features a Zone Enhanced Mode that uses directional microphones. This mode is designed for maximum reduction of unwanted environmental noise. In Zone Enhanced Mode, one of four unidirectional mics (Uni Mics) is active. Mics are easily selectable with the Zone Enhancement button. Uni Mics have a longer range and higher sensitivity than the Omni Mic, and they primarily receive sound coming from one direction. In fact, they're specifically tuned to exclude sound coming from other directions.
- Each Unidirectional Mic has an optional pick up range of 10 feet, the maximum pick up range is 16 feet
Designed with an elegant and modern circular shape, the VX-1 can be placed anywhere on the desk or table. With VX-1, you don't need to return to the computer or hunt around in the VoIP application to change basic audio settings. The station features three frequently-used buttons as well as easy to understand status LEDs.
Power Switch and Volume Button
- These are radio like buttons for intuitive volume adjustment
- Switch directly from Default Mode (Omni Mic) to Enhanced Mode (Uni Mic). Press this button multiple times to switch between the Uni Mics. LEDs on top of VX-1 indicate which Uni Mic is currently active
- Mute the VX-1 whenever the conversation on your side needs to be kept confidential. Red LEDs will light up when you're muted
Turn the VX-1 into a Conference Station - iDevices feature countless ways to communicate remotely, with free voice chat apps. Wherever and whenever, if your group has a remote meeting, connect your iPad or iPhone to the VX-1 via the 3.5mm audio cable (into the devices audio jack), and you instantly have a conference station.
The VX-1 is compatible with most VoIP applications
Input and Output
Type B USB Connector x 1
- Interface: Type B USB 2.0 Full-Speed (Compatible with USB 1.1)
- Power Supply: USB bus-powered (5V / 500mA)
- Max. Power Consumption: 2.5W
3.5mm Stereo Headphone Jack x 1
- High Sensitivity Omnidirectional Microphone x 1
- High Sensitivity Unidirectional Microphone x 4
- Frequency bandwidth: 50 ~ 20,000Hz Speaker
- Frequency bandwidth: 20 ~ 20,000Hz
In the Box
- 1 x VX-1 Internet Conference Station
- Type B USB Connector
- 3.5mm Stereo Headphone Jack
- User Guide
|Connection type||USB, 3.5mm Jack|
|Dynamic Noise Reduction||Yes|
|Speaker Volume Control||Yes|
|Please note||All information is provided for reference only. If you are unsure about any of the features listed, please check the manufacturer's official information.|
No videos found for this product.
- Price From: £99.99 (Excl. VAT) £119.99 (Incl. VAT)
- Price From: £62.09 (Excl. VAT) £74.51 (Incl. VAT)
- Price From: £78.25 (Excl. VAT) £93.90 (Incl. VAT) RRP £122.08
- Price From: £167.49 (Excl. VAT) £200.99 (Incl. VAT)
- £49.95 (Excl. VAT) £59.94 (Incl. VAT) RRP £77.93
- £83.99 (Excl. VAT) £100.79 (Incl. VAT)
- £219.00 (Excl. VAT) £262.80 (Incl. VAT)
- £115.00 (Excl. VAT) £138.00 (Incl. VAT) RRP £179.40