For those requiring the benefits of 5-tone selective calling without the need for more than 16 channels or an LCD display, the entry level selcall HT9X2S is the most cost effective solution. From an established generation of commercial grade portables, the HT Series 2.0 provides exactly what they require in an IP68 submersible radio with robust MILSTD 810C/D/E/F construction. With its exceptionally loud audio, this series of portables is the choice of the fire & rescue services and major blue-chip petrochem organisations worldwide.
This low cost entry level selcall model is simple to use, yet highly specified, offering features such as voice scrambler, lone worker, full personal attack alarm, channel scanning, shunting mode and whisper mode, with optional man down and Bluetooth facilities - exceeding the expectations of even the most experienced radio users.
UHF radios are more suitable for use in large built up areas as the frequencies are more capable of penetrating through objects.
Submersible to IP68 (5 metres for 1 hour)
- Entel is the first manufacturer to offer the superior IP68 specification, whereby we ourselves determine at what depth and for how long our equipment must remain waterproof. Not content with just the standard IP68 entry-level (1 metre for 30 minutes) Entel's IP68 HT series is certified as waterproof-submersible to an unprecedented depth of 5 metres for 60 minutes.
- Aware that the smallest tolerances of case size and material variation alone could compromise your radio's waterproof integrity, uniquely, each individual Entel portable is tested on a custom-built air pressure test-jig to ensure it meets the exacting high standards we have set for ourselves.
- Meeting MIL-STD 810C/D/E/F commercial grade construction for tough, enduring performance, the Entel's HT and HX series 2.0 portables conform to stringent standards, enabling them to withstand the everyday rigours of shock, vibration and the corrosive effects of dust and moisture, ensuring many years of trouble free use in the most hostile environments.
1800mAh Li-Ion Battery
- All Entel portables come with the latest intelligent Lithium-Ion battery technology as standard. Whichever model you choose, these batteries will count the number of completed charge cycles, which on LCD variants, if dealer enabled, can be displayed when you power-on your radio.
- For your convenience it will even alert you to imminent battery life expiration. Another advantage of Lithium-Ion battery technology is the way it maximizes duty cycles, while the elimination of memory effect means there is no need to fully discharge the cells before recharging. Therefore you are assured a full duty cycle each and every time you take your radio from its charger.
Flash Upgradeable To Add Future Features
- Entel proposes to continuously add/upgrade features to its range of radios. Using Flash Upgrade technology your radios can be upgraded by your Dealer at any time.
Robust Accessory Socket
- A completely redesigned accessory connector, when secured to the portable, is designed to withstand any amount of punishment from dropping to careless misuse. Furthermore, the securing bolt incorporates a shearing point to protect the connector.
- The entry HT982S comes with 16 channels.
3-key Entry Model
- For those users looking for an entry level portable with minimum functionality, the 3 key model is ideal.
- Both HT and HX series portables have the facility to scan for an active channel. When an active channel is found, the radio will automatically select that channel for you. Priority scan will allow you to select one channel in the scan list that is treated as a "Priority". It will be checked more frequently than all other channels in the list.
Voice Annunciation (Optional)
- Speaks the channel number and basic settings so you can operate the radio without having to look at it.
Bluetooth Wireless Communications (Optional)
- Allows you to connect a Bluetooth audio or data accessory.
VOX hands free (with audio accessory)
- When you attach a VOX enabled audio accessory you can operate totally hands free. All you need to do is talk and your Entel radio will automatically transmit for you.
Programmable Channel Monitor Button
- If you have Analogue or Digital squelch enabled all signals other than your own will be filtered out. This can be temporarily disabled enabling you to monitor any other transmissions on your channel. This button may be programmed on or off by your Dealer.
2/5 Tone Selective Calling & FFSK
- A whole host of additional mobile phone-like features are possible when you use 2/5 Tone selective calling. Some are listed below.
Open or Closed Channel Modes
- Most radio systems are "open" meaning everyone on the system can hear everyone else. In some cases this is a benefit, however call privacy may be required at times. This is where Entel's closed channel mode comes into its own (see below).
Call A Group, Individual or All Radios At Once
- In closed channel mode your high tier Entel radio can be programmed so that a call that is "private" e.g. 1 to 1 or 1 to a small "group" can be made. If required “open” calls can still be made i.e. call everyone at once.
16 Pre-Programmed Contacts
- Our entry level 5-Tone radios can be programmed with up to 16 pre-programmed contacts. Just select the appropriate channel position and press the call button.
- The high tier radios allow you to set different ringtones against different contacts in the same way you can with a mobile phone.
Battery Charge Count
- Whichever model you choose, these batteries will count the number of completed charge cycles, which on LCD variants, if dealer enabled, can be displayed when you power-on your radio. For your convenience it will even alert you to imminent battery life expiration. If you opt for a system of non-display portables then we recommend that you have at least one model with a display in order to take advantage of this unique feature.
- Some radio systems use a "repeater" to increase the system's range. However when you go outside the range of the repeater, communication with another radio is not possible no matter how close you are. Talkaround enables you to talk directly with another radio, bypassing the repeater.
DTMF Dial Mode - Stored
- DTMF dial strings can be stored in your "Contact List" and recalled at any time.Alternatively a "Speed Dial" button may be assigned to provide quick access to any DTMF dial string.
Stun & Alarm A Lost or Stolen Radio
- If a radio is lost or stolen, and assuming it is within range, it can be remotely disabled.Once found you can enable it again.
Programmable Scrambler (Voice Inversion)
- Used to encrypt your voice, protecting against casual eavesdropping.
Local Personal Attack Alarm
- All HT and HX portables include a personal attack alarm option. Once activated the speaker of your radio will emit a high pitched siren as a deterrent and provides a local call for assistance.
Panic Button With Remote Alert
- In addition to the Local alarm feature your high tier Entel radio will enable you to send a message to another/all radios calling for assistance. This ensures your request for assistance is received even if no one is close enough to hear your local alarm.
Emergency Microphone Live
- With remote alert your Entel radio can be programmed to automatically transmit any background sounds. This may give respondents a clue as to the type of emergency i.e. a struggle with an assailant etc.
Lone Worker Alarm Mode
- The panic button feature relies on the casualty being able to operate the radio. Entel's Lone Worker mode goes one stage further. If the casualty is unconscious or unable to operate the radio for any other reason, after a predetermined time the radio will beep, warning its user it is about to send an automatic request for assistance. If the radio's user does not intervene the alarm will be automatically raised.
Man Down Alarm Mode (Optional)
- Entel's Man Down option detects when the radio is no longer in its normal position. Just like Lone Worker an alarm is emitted giving the radio user an opportunity to cancel the alarm. If the radio's user does not intervene the alarm will be automatically raised. Two options of sensor are available:
- Tilt Only
- Tilt & non movement (3-axis)
Shunting Mode (For Rail Companies)
- Ensure the safety of your rail staff by using Entel's Shunting capability.
Continue Alarm Even If Switched Off
- Once you have initiated an alarm and the radio is switched off, e.g. by the assailant, the radio will appear to have been switched off (display blanks, no beeps, indicators or received signals are heard). However the radio is still sending its emergency request and mike-live signals etc.
Bluetooth Fully Automatic Indoor Location Information (Optional)
- If you prefer, the location of your radio can be automatically updated as you move around your site. Small beacon transmitters are strategically placed so that your radio always “knows” where it is. If you initiate an emergency call your current location is automatically transmitted to the receiving radio(s).
Text Message & Emails
Send Status Messages
- Entel's non-display 5-Tone radios can send status messages but they can only be displayed on LCD radios or a control computer.
- Frequency Range - 400 - 470MHz
- Channels - 16
- Channel Spacing 12.5 kHz / 25 kHz
- Communication - Method Simplex / semi duplex
- Antenna Impedance 50 ohm
- Antenna - Whip / stubby
- Battery Type 1800 mAh Li-Ion battery pack
- Power Supply Voltage 7.4V DC
- Microphone Internal condenser microphone
- Operating Temperature -20° to +55°
- Size (mm) 59.5(W) x 130(H) x 37(D)W = 59.5 (62 including protrusions)H = 130 (145 inc knobs)D = 37mm (41 including battery protrusions)
- Weight 277g with battery and aerial
- Power Output HIGH – 5W, LOW - 1W
- Modulation 8K0F3E/16K0F3E
- Oscillator Method PLL
- Frequency Stability < ±0.00025% (±2PPM)
- Maximum Deviation ±2.5 kHz(Narrow)/ ±5 kHz(Wide)
- Audio Distortion < 5% (1 kHz 60%)
- Spurious Emission -68 [dBc]
- Hum & Noise -40 [dB]
- Receiver Type - Double Superheterodyne type
- Sensitivity -0.25uV (12dB SINAD)
- Frequency Stability ±0.00025%(±2PPM)
- Spurious Rejection -60 dB
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity -60 dB (Narrow) , -70 dB (Wide)
- Distortion < 3% Typical
- Hum & Noise -40 dB
- Audio Output 1W
- Speaker Size 38 mm
In The Box
- CNB950E - 7.4v, 1800mAh rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery pack
- CSAHT - Rapid charger
- CBH950 - Spring loaded belt clip
- High efficiency helical antenna (can be exchanged for CAT20VS stubby aerial at point of order)
- User manual
|Radios for...||Commercial (Site, Security etc)|
|Digital or Analogue||Analogue|
|Single radio or multipack||Single Radio|
|Waterproofing||Submersible / Marine|
|Dimensions||(mm) 59.5(W) x 130(H) x 37(D)W = 59.5 (62 including protrusions)H = 130 (145 inc knobs)D = 37mm (41 including battery protrusions)|
|Please note||All information is provided for reference only. If you are unsure about any of the features listed, please check the manufacturer's official information.|
No videos found for this product.
£254.99 (Excl. VAT) £305.99 (Incl. VAT) RRP £395.00
£243.00 (Excl. VAT) £291.60 (Incl. VAT) RRP £379.00
£479.99 (Excl. VAT) £575.99 (Incl. VAT) RRP £650.00
£215.80 (Excl. VAT) £258.96 (Incl. VAT) RRP £336.65
£469.99 (Excl. VAT) £563.99 (Incl. VAT) RRP £650.00
£519.99 (Excl. VAT) £623.99 (Incl. VAT) RRP £720.00
£519.99 (Excl. VAT) £623.99 (Incl. VAT) RRP £720.00
£500.00 (Excl. VAT) £600.00 (Incl. VAT) RRP £700.00